Penrhyn launches its latest whitetpaper "Finding New Leadership Talent for Fintech" authored by Yanouk Poirier (Chair, Penrhyn Technology, Media & Telecommunications group)
The paper identifies how the financial services sector is facing widespread upheaval as a result of the transformative power of FinTech, with existing business models and traditional job roles increasingly under threat from disruptive start-ups. Yanouk Poirier explains what the disruptive potential of FinTech means for boardroom leadership and how Financial services businesses need C-suite talent with new leadership styles to embrace disruptive technologies.
Key takeaways include:
- Businesses that want to capitalise on digital disruption of financial services require leaders with the vision to deliver effective solutions to new business challenges.
- Companies need a whole range of skill sets at C-suite level to prepare for the disruptive challenges ahead, beyond digital knowledge.
- A new style of digital leadership has emerged to drive transformation from the top.
- Digital leaders drive disruptive vision, delegate authority, ferment new cultures and are fully focused on client-centric execution of business strategy.
- FinTech leaders need the flexibility to mix this new leadership style with elements of authority-based and high-performance leadership.
- An advisory board can be a useful complement to digital leadership, providing a sounding board on key decisions and access to additional expertise.
- Finding digital leaders with the right cultural fit to an organisation requires an in-depth knowledge of its vision, competencies and precise needs.
Penrhyn announces three new Directors to its Global Board, elected at its May AGM in Montreal, to support its continuing global business growth.
Yanouk Poirier is managing partner at Leaders International (Canada) and current chair of Penrhyn’s Technology, Media & Telecoms group. He brings his entrepreneurial expertise, multifaceted profile and talent for communication to help national and international business leaders to achieve their business strategies and has successfully led numerous assignments of top level executives and board members, for major companies and renowned firms.
Luce Nordon is CEO of Agora Search (France) and a current member of Penrhyn’s Technology, Media & Telecoms Group. Her marketing and communications background, her appetite for new technologies and innovation and her strong sense of business led her to build a strong network in the IT and Digital market, and contributed to make Agora one of the top ranked executive search firm in France.
Rikke Dolberg is partner at Unique Human Capital (Denmark) and a current member of Penrhyn’s Board Services practice group. She brings more than 15 years of experience from Executive Search and Board Search working closely together with large and international companies in Scandinavia.
“The addition of Yanouk, Luce and Rikke brings further energy, skillsets and experience to the Board which will prove vital as Penrhyn continues to adapt to meet the evolving needs of our global clients “ comments Michael Herst, Penrhyn Chairman and Managing Director at Osprey Clarke (UK). “This is an exciting time for our network and we know they will make a significant contribution to our future success.”